Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral component of our business strategy and the group has continuously been working towards improving the quality of life for the underprivileged sections of our society in our areas of operation.
African Industries promotes and encourages economic, social, health and educational development within our communities while giving active support to local initiatives. The economic implications of our operations and investment on the overall economy of Nigeria and the local community are significant.
African Foundries recognizes the importance of the health and safety of the communities and environment. We are committed to operating our plants and assets in a manner that is safe for employees, business partners, communities and the environment. In accordance to UNICEF standards, child labour is strictly prohibited.
Initiatives taken by Group:
- Taken several steps in ensuring a healthy and safe work environment, including training, use of proper safety devices as required, and establishing fire fighting and emergency evacuation plans
- Employed certified safety officers to ensure that the safety laws, preventive maintenance and safety policies are enacted
- Currently operate a clinic in Nigeria to take care of medical needs of our employees and the local community
- Hired medical personels to visit each industrial site for regular health check-ups and have direct connections with hospitals and clinics in Nigeria
- Donated an ambulance, provided borewell facilities and over head water tanks to the local community
- For all semi-skilled and unskilled labour requirements at our industrial sites, the group makes every effort to engage and provide employment to the local community
- Actively promotes the employment of women in the community as a part of our social empowerment efforts
- Active support in building roads from the site to the local community